Sunday, February 26, 2012

Welcome (and a little background)...

I arrived for good in the Windy City the first week of January 2012, what I've been told is a great time of year to move to Chicago. Thankfully the winter has been more than manageable which has been a nice welcome to the city. But, back to my original purpose in writing - food!

My husband Brian and I really enjoy food and the experience of trying new things. Before our 10 month old son Nelson arrived, we were always planning the next vacation which typically centered around food, and of course wine. While Nelson has slowed us down a little, we aren't completely out of the race. Did I mention Nelson got his first passport at 2 weeks and had his first fine dining experience at Carolina, a Triple AAA Five Star Diamond restaurant at the St. Regis Punta Mita at 2 months old? We get a little panicked locked up in the house for too long and we don't do chains, so we are on the hunt for new haunts in our new town.

While we have been here for almost two months, we have already found some incredible finds. In fact, every time I finish a meal, I keep telling Brian that I wished I would have started a blog chronicling our fabulous finds. He kept insisting that it's not too late, but I resisted and said that I don't have the photos and I'd need to start all over. Well, after sampling some of the best pancakes we've ever eaten (more on that in a later post), I'm going to do it. So, stay tuned and bear with me as I learn to blog, brush up my writing skills and share my experiences with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment